Based in Sonoma County, California, David C. King is an AV-rated employment lawyer with over thirty-five years of litigation and trial experience in state and federal courts. He practices in all areas of employment law, including wrongful employment termination, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour law, trade secrets litigation, contract disputes, contract drafting, and general commercial and business litigation. Mr. King has also litigated and tried cases in the fields of personal injury, real estate, and contract law.
He serves as a mediator and arbitrator in all civil litigation matters, on the panel of the Arbitration and Mediation Center in Santa Rosa, California. Additionally, Mr. King has served on the Sonoma County Bar Association Board of Directors and the Sonoma County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee, and as an Employment Law panelist for the Sonoma County Bar Association since 2006. He was President of the Petaluma Area Chamber of Commerce from 2005-2006 and served on its Board from 2000-2007. He was elected to the Petaluma City Council in 2014 and continues to serve on the Council.
- Golden Gate University School of Law — J.D., 1984
- University of Rhode Island — B.A., 1978.
Memberships & Accomplishments
- California State Bar Association, December 1984 to present
- California Lawyers Association 2018- present
- Sonoma County Bar Association, Member since 1992; Director, 2004 to 2006; Member of the SCBA Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2005 to 2007
- Arbitrator and Settlement Conference Panelist, Sonoma County Superior Court, 1994 to present
- Mediator, Sonoma County Superior Court, 2010 – 2015
- Discovery Facilitator, Sonoma County Superior Court, 2015 to present
- Panelist, Sonoma County Bar Association, “Employment Law Year in Review”, 2005 to present
- Sonoma County Bar Association Labor and Employment Section, 1999 to present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, 1997 to 2012
- California State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, 2010 to 2018
- California Lawyers Association Labor and Employment Section 2018-present
- National Employment Lawyers Association, 1994 to 2006
- Arbitrator and EDP Panelist, San Francisco Superior Court, 1993 to 2005
- Settlement Conference Panelist, Marin County Superior Court, 1998 to present
- San Francisco Bar Association, 1987 to 1994
- Sonoma County Trial Lawyers Association, 1994 to 1996.
- San Francisco Bar Association Federal Pro Bono Project (volunteer attorney), 1988 to 1995
- San Francisco Bar Association Homeless Advocacy Project (volunteer attorney), 1987 to 1995
- Bar Association of San Francisco Volunteer of the Month, January 1992